visitors to content in two clicks
James A. Lamb
2006 144pages 6" x 9" Paperback US$34.99
PDF version Special price US$25.00
see a whole Chapter, Table of Contents and Index
"a great introduction to web indexing..."
"We can rest assured that Lamb know what he's doing when it comes to indexing."
"this is a great buy."
The Indexer vol 25 no.3
See full review
"This is a very thorough summary, complete with example index work"
KeyWords vol 14 no.3
Gives you everything you need to build and maintain website indexes: indexing knowledge, HTML and software. It assumes no prior knowledge and provides:
Topics covered include:
- instructions for downloading and installing all software required;
- HTML required to understand indexes and format them effectively;
- indexing techniques necessary to provide effective indexes;
- step-by-step indexing procedure;
- complete reference manual for the software used.
- different index layouts and when to use them;
- bulleted or non-bulleted format indexes;
- creating single/multi page indexes;
- overriding the normal sort order;
- including pop-up targets in indexes;
- including images in index headings;
- converting indexes produced by other software, including SKY Index, CINDEX, MACREX and word processors;
- automatically adding anchors into target pages to provide more index access points;
- storing indexing information inside web page keywords;
- indexing large sites using a team of indexers and thesaurus;
- automatic generation of Tables of Contents for HTML documents;
- automatic generation of site maps;
- formatting book indexes for display on websites;
- automatic inclusion of help links into web pages to enhance user access.
Get your website visitors to their desired content as quickly as possible
All content Copyright © 2004
No content nor images to be used without the express and prior permission of the copyright holder.